Frequently Asked Questions...
- Can anyone apply? Anyone who is adopting domestically and have been approved by a agency or facilitator can apply.
- How often does the Buescher Foundation pick grant recipients? We pick grant recipients every quarter. (March, June, September and December)
- What is a "look book"? A "look book" is a book that tells the story of your family through pictures and text. Most agencies or facilitators have you create a "look book" for your potential birth mothers to look at.
- How much money can I get from the Buescher Foundation? The amount of money will vary on a case-by-case basis.
- Will you send me the money? No, the money will be sent straight to the service provider.
- Can I get more than one grant from the Buescher Foundation? No, you can only get one grant from the Buescher Foundation.
- What is a personal statement? Your personal statement should answer the following: Are there any needs/special considerations you would like the grant selection committee to know about? What encouraged you to build your family through adoption? If applicable please explain your experience with adoption. Why should you be awarded a grant from the Buescher Foundation?
- Will you leave a message if I miss your call to tell me I have been awarded a grant? Yes, we will leave a message. If we have not got in touch with you after two phone calls we will send an e-mail.
- Can I apply if I don't have a completed home study yet? No, you have to have a completed home study to apply for a grant from the Buescher Foundation.